Sunday, December 30, 2007

Edmilson : Barca can still win the league

Edmilson insists the spirit in the Barcelona camp remains positive despite their defeat to Real Madrid before the winter break.
Barca went into Christmas seven points behind their arch-rivals after Julio Baptista's goal handed Bernd Schuster's side a 1-0 win at the Nou Camp on December 23.
Brazilian Edmilson, who is nearing a return after six months out through injury, is optimistic that deficit can be cut in the second half of the season.
He told the club's official website: "For sure the team is a little sad after losing to Real Madrid but now we have to forget about that blow.
"What we have to do is look forward and see that we have all the second half of the season to reduce the lead of the league leaders.
"Despite everything, I see the team in high spirits and eager to return to playing and winning games."
Edmilson could make his long-awaited return in Wednesday's Copa del Rey clash against Alcoyano.
"I feel very good," he added. "I'm happy with how my recovery is going. It's been a very long process, six months, but I preferred to extend the recovery period in order to return fully fit without any niggling problems.
"Now I hope (coach Frank) Rijkaard will give me a few minutes against Alcoyano to gain match fitness."

No comments: